Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 2009

I missed Web class at LHS on Monday and Tai Chi at SRHS last Thursday because I've been sick as a dog (seems like a fitting description for anyone in our furry household.) I feel less doggie today so I'm catching up on my assignments for both of those classes AND the new Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class that Wayne and I attended Sunday afternoon at our church, Trinity Ecumenical Parish. We have to create a quickie starter budget together before Sunday's class. That should be interesting.

Wayne, Shiner, and I had a great holiday at Massanutten, taking the new Wii along so we could play with friends and family. We celebrated New Year's Eve with a Swiss Raclette dinner shared with Kristina and Brian Taylor, Maggie Hagood, Collin, and Brian Marquis. We also spent time with Wes and Saidee. Watch out for us next year as Wii Sports Champs! I don't know about the rest, but I came home with sore muscles from bowling...or maybe that was flu?

The big chill is hitting our area now with temperatures colder than we've seen in a couple of winters. Single digits are expected on Friday night. We'll check on the cabin, plug in the heat tape, and bring the pussies indoors.

Just think, last year at this time Saidee hadn't even been rammed on the slopes at Massanutten and we were deep into wedding planning. Jeremy wasn't even house-hunting yet and now he's a home-owner in Ohio! Time flies.

No comments: